Check out our recipes below from our catering menus, dinner parties, weddings, cooking classes and other events. Check back often as we are adding new dishes for all occasions for you to try at home. Be sure to join our mailing list on the bottom of this page!
Chicken Milanese with Arugula, Reggiano and Pan Roasted TomatoesServes 4 4 chicken breasts, about 6 oz each 3 cups panko bread crumbs 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 2 tbs minced parsley 1 tsp kosher salt few grinds fresh black pepper 1 and 1/2 tsp grated orange zest 1 and 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest 2/3 cup flour 2 eggs beaten with 2 tbs milk ¼ cup canola oil ¼ cup olive oil Salad 4 oz arugula, cleaned ½ small red onion, sliced thinly ½ pint grape tomatoes 4 oz extra virgin olive oil 2 oz fresh lemon juice 1 tbs minced shallots 1 tbs chopped parsley 1 tbs chopped basil salt and pepper to taste 1 ½ oz shaved reggiano cheese 1)Pound the chicken between plastic wrap to ¼” thickness. Season lightly with salt and pepper. 2)In a mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and zest. 3)Place the eggs and flour in 2 separate bowls. 4)Dredge each breast in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture. 5)Heat both oils on medium heat. Add 2 breasts at a time and cook on each side about 2 minutes until golden. Set aside on paper towels. 6)Add 1 oz of the extra virgin olive oil to a sauté pan. Heat on medium high. Add the grape tomatoes and sauté until the skins begin to blister. Add the shallots for 20 seconds and remove from the heat. Add the remaining oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well. 7)Add the arugula to a bowl and toss in the tomato mixture and red onions. 8)Place the chicken on plates, top with the salad and shaved cheese. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Skirt Steaks with Mashed Avocado and Chimichurri
Serves 8Chimichurri Sauce 1/2 cup EV olive oil ¼ cup fresh lime juice 2 tbs white wine vinegar 3 cloves garlic minced ¼ cup minced onion 1/4 cup minced parsley ¼ cup minced cilantro 1 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp ground cumin 2 tbs water salt and pepper to taste 1) Puree all the ingredients and season to taste. Mashed Avocado 2 avocados 1/2 tsp garlic Juice of 1 lime 2 tbs cilantro Salt and pepper to taste 1) Mash all ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Steaks 3# skirt steak Salt and pepper 1)Marinate the steaks in 1/3 cup of the chimichurri and some salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours and then cook on a hot grill to your liking. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing them against the grain. Serve with chimichurri sauce.
Pasta with Shrimp, Asparagus, Fennel and Lemon Basil BrothServes 6 1# dried pasta 4 oz extra virgin olive oil 1.75# 16/20 size shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 1/2 c julienne sliced fennel 2 tbs minced shallots 2 tbs minced garlic 6 oz white wine 1 qt chicken broth 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half Zest of 1 lemon Juice of 2 lemons 3 tbs fresh basil 1 tbs fresh Italian parsely 1 tbs butter 16 asparagus spears blanched, shocked in ice water and cut on a bias in ½” pieces Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper 2. Add half the oil to the pan on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp and reserve. 3. Add the remaining oil and the fennel and pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until light golden. Add the garlic and shallots. Saute 1 minute and deglaze with the white wine. 4. Add the chicken broth, grape tomatoes, lemon zest and juice and bring to a high simmer for about 4 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly. 5. Add the shrimp back to the pan and heat through. Add the basil, parsley, asparagus and butter and taste for seasoning. Add the pasta to the pan to heat through.
Manchego, Fig and Chorizo “Cubans”
Ingredients:2 panini rolls, or Cuban bread 1 tbs unsalted butter 3 oz shredded manchego cheese 3 tbs fig jam 1 ½ links Spanish chorizo(about 3 ½ oz)
Preheat Panini grill
- Cut rolls and half and spread butter on the bottom half
- Spread the fig jam on the top half
- Slice the chorizo into 1/8” slices and warm in a non stick pan on both sides about 2 minutes
- Place half of the cheese on the bottom of the roll, then the chorizo slices, then the remaining cheese
- Cover with the top roll and place in a Panini machine until lightly toasted
Arepas with Chipotle Crema
Serves 10Ingredients: 12 oz frozen corn kernels 3 cups milk
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces 2 ¼ cups yellow arepa flour (also called masarepa)
1 tbs salt 6 tbs sugar
1 1/4 cups shredded four cheese blend Directions:
1. In a saucepan bring the milk and corn to a boil. Puree with a hand blender and add the butter.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the masarepa, salt, sugar, and cheese. Make a well in the center and pour in the hot milk mixture, reserving about a ½ cup. Stir the masa and milk together until there are no lumps. Knead the mixture, sprinkling in the remaining 1/2 cup milk, until you have a smooth sticky dough. Refrigerate 20 minutes until set.
3. Form the dough into 2” cakes and refrigerate 10 minutes.
4. Coat a large non stick pan with oil and preheat over medium-low heat. Fry until they are soft inside, golden and slightly crusty on the outside, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve with chipotle crema. Chipotle Crema 1 cup Mexican sour cream 2 tbs chipotle puree 1) Mix well.
Clams with Chorizo, Poblanos and Corn
Serves 43 tbs olive oil 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly 5 oz chorizo sliced 2 tbs roasted poblano peppers 1 ear grilled and shucked corn 1 ½ cups dry white wine 1/2 cup diced roma tomatoes 3 dozen little neck clams, washed 2 tbs unsalted butter 2 tbs chopped cilantro
1. Saute garlic and chorizo in oil until light golden in color. Add poblanos, corn, wine, tomatoes and clams. Cover and steam until all the clams open. Discard any that do not open. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cilantro.
Frittata with Mushrooms, Roasted Tomatoes, Spinach and Cheddar
8 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoon butter
1 tbs shallots, minced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2oz fresh spinach roughly chopped
3 tbs basil, chopped
¼ cup diced roasted tomatoes
½ cup diced aged cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until foamy.
Melt butter in a non stick pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Pour the eggs over the mixture.
Pull the edges away from the sides of the pan with a spatula so the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. When the frittata is half set add the spinach for 30 seconds, then the roasted tomatoes, spinach and cheddar.
Transfer the pan to the heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
Cuban Pork With Pineapple Relish and Chipotle Sweet Potato Puree
½ tbs ground cumin
3/4 tbs ground annatto(achiote)
¼ cup olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 ½ cups fesh orange juice
6 tbs fresh lime juice
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 ½# pork tenderloin
1) Toast cumin and annatto in a hot dry pan 20 seconds then add the oil. Saute the garlic and shallots 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil 3 minutes. Let cool completely.
2) Marinate pork overnight.
¼ Pineapple, grilled
1/2cup roasted red peppers
½ grilled red onion
3 tbs minced cilantro
3 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs sambal chili paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1)Dice the pineapple as well as the peppers and onions and mix all remaining ingredients.
2# sweet potatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 oz butter
2 tsp chipotle sauce
1 oz brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1)Boil potatoes until just tender, drain. Heat the cream with all of the remaining ingredients and fold into the potatoes.
Grilled Herb Chicken with Panzanella
2, 3# chickens, cut in half, backbone removed
2 cups buttermilk
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs each, minced parsley, thyme, rosemary, basil
2 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ red onion
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 tbs kalamata olives, halved
1 tbs capers, rinsed
2 cups day old bread, cubed
½ cup EV Olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup torn basil
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1)Marinate chickens 12 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade. Season with salt and pepper and place on a preheated, medium heat grill that has been lightly oiled. If you prefer a crisper chicken weight them down with foil wrapped bricks or heavy pots. The chicken will take about 30 minutes to cook and will need to be turned often. Check often for burning as well. They are done when the inner thigh reaches 175’.
2)While the chickens are cooking toss all the ingredients for the salad but the bread. Season to taste and add the bread a few minutes before serving. Serve the panzanella with the chicken.
Tuna Tacos With Avocado Mango Salasa and Smoked Pepper Aioli
5 tsp olive oil, divided
12 oz yellowfin or ahi tuna, cut into 1 inch thick steaks
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp kosher salt
Pinch black pepper
1 1/4 cup diced ripe avocado
1/2 cup diced ripe mango
¼ cup diced fresh tomato
3 tbs minced red onion
2 tbs lime juice
3 tbs chopped cilantro leaves
1 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Smoked Pepper Aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbs fresh lime juice
3 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
1 lime cut into wedges
16 corn tortillas
8 fresh cilantro sprigs
2)Mix the spices, salt and 3 tsp of the oil to form a paste for the tuna and rub all over the steaks.
3)Make the salsa by mixing all of the ingredients together. Do not mash the avocado.
4)Make the aioli by placing all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
5)Coat the grill with oil and grill the steaks for about 1 minute per side until rare. Quickly grill the tortillas until pliable about 10-15 seconds per side. For each taco there will be 2 tortillas.
6)Slice the tuna into 8 equal pieces and divide on to 8 tortillas that have been doubled up so there is 2 tortillas per taco and 2 tacos per person.
7)Spoon aioli over tuna, then finish making tacos with cabbage, radishes, avocado salsa and cilantro sprigs. Serve garnished with lime wedges to squeeze over tacos.